Find joy in the little things

Monday, September 12, 2011

Get Connected

My heart is so full! This past week was Get Connected. The new student orientation at BYU-Idaho. It was so wonderful! It exceeded my expectation by a thousand fold! Spirit Conference was amazing! I'm not supposed to say exactly what happened, but let me tell you what, it was amazing! Every thing that has been going on in my life that has been bothering me was answered. I've been feeling so down lately. But during the spirit conference, I was so uplifted! It was incredible. The Lord is truly wonderful! He knows us and loves us SO MUCH!
I was a little nervous to be a mentor to the new students. I am an outgoing person and very loud when I'm around people I know, but when it comes to people I don't know, I am very shy and nervous. But it was so wonderful! My group was just so fantastic! Their smiles just made my whole week! I didn't sleep very much the whole week, but it was so worth it! Everyone just made my life! I know they'll grow apart from me but it was so great getting to know these strong people. I didn't feel like I was their "leader", I felt like we all were learning from each other. Sunday I had them all over to my apartment for dinner (close to 30 people in my small apartment got interesting) and then we all talked after wards. You know me, I cried. We had a student that was supposed to be in our group pass away right before the school started and I have just been thinking about all the people in my group now. I can't imagine the world not having any of them in it. They really do make the world better. I am SO grateful for this experience. I'm for sure going to do it again! I've grown so much in the last week it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment