Find joy in the little things

Friday, September 2, 2011

Longevity

Last night I went and visited two friends that I've knows since the Second and Third grade. We haven't really seen each other that much the last few years because they work and I'm always in Idaho. Well last night we finally got together and visited for a good 4 hours. The whole time was nothing but laughing! I think it's great that I've had these friends for so long. I don't think that happens very often. Most of my friends now are the ones I've met within the last year at college. But the longevity of some of my friends makes me smile. How many people can say that they have known people since the second grade and still communicate with them? How many people can say that the woman who was like their mother growing up, is still like very much in their lives when they were an adult (yes, I'm talking about you Nancy :D). Not a lot of people can be a brides maid to a child hood friend because people loose touch. I feel so blessed to have the friends I do. I know that there's hard times. But a truly good friend is the one that is still there after the storm. I love my friends.

1 comment: