Find joy in the little things

Monday, February 21, 2011

Long roads and bowling

*Friday 2/18/11
  • Connie Dunford made me some no-bake cookies for the trip :) It was marvelous.
  • When I got to Rexburg, Sterling and Danny were the first people I hung out with. It was lovely, we (+ michelle) went Bowling, it was a lot of fun. After bowling I headed alone to my apartment and was locked out, and started to just get stressed. I headed to 103 (Sterling, Danny and Nate's apartment) and Sterling helped by coming to my apartment and helping me unload my car. It was such a blessing because I was just really beat down. Then we went to Wendy's and back to his apartment to watch Lord of the Rings. It was a great first night back!
  • The Lord helped me drive 11 hours by myself, straight. I couldn't have done it without him
  • The first moment I saw the Temple on the Hill when I was still a few miles away from Rexburg. It was a beacon for me. I got so excited and wanted to get there RIGHT THEN. It brought me comfort and was like a sigh of relief.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Shelby congrats on driving 11 hours straight to Rexburg.Thats a long time. I too always look forward to the Temple on the hill. It brings me joy.

    ReplyDelete